Microsoft is one of the world’s largest and biggest tech companies. They’ve developed superb products that have revolutionized and changed the way we work together with technology every day.
Not only do they develop products for finish consumers and enterprise businesses, but they also know the pain of developers and attempt to provide a better developer platform for them.
So which Microsoft’s developer platform are we talking about right here?
It is Dot Net Framework. Developed in 2002 by Microsoft, right now it is one of the most used and go-to frameworks for developers. You may develop websites, applications, micro companies, and more utilizing this framework. It supports 60 programming languages out of which Microsoft has created 11:
– WINDOWS POWERSHELL
– IRON RUBY
– IRON PYTHON
– C OMEGA
– ASML (Abstract State Machine Language)
For the development of enormous scale applications and websites, you could be thinking concerning the IDE. Then Visual Studio may be your go-to IDE because of its options like editing, interface design, server administration, debugging, and performance analysis.
Going additional, let’s talk about the applications of Dot Net:
ASP.Net Web Applications: It is a program helpful to run inside a web server and fulfills users’ requests over http. They are either easy websites constructed using HTML pages or advanced enterprise applications which run on native and distant networks.
Additionally, utilizing these enterprise applications you get parts for exchanging data using XML files. This consists of dynamic and data-driven applications.
1) Web Companies: Another name for it is “web callable.” It’s a software program that uses XML to exchange data with different software utilizing common internet protocols.
In simpler terms, we will also say it as a way of interacting with objects over the internet. Web companies are available by way of industry standards like HTTP, XML, and SOAP.
2) Windows Applications: It is a kind-based mostly normal Windows desktop application that’s helpful for on a regular basis tasks. Example: Microsoft Word. They run under the Windows environment and devour providers provided by the Windows Working System.
3) Windows Services: It runs executable applications and runs on the system as a background process. These applications do not intrude with other processes that run on the same computer. Even the Windows services execute within separate Windows periods which you create for every Windows service. These providers run on the server side and hence do not need GUIs.
four) Console Applications: It’s a lightweight program and runs inside command prompts in Windows operating systems. If you want to work with console applications, then it is advisable to call a class named “Console.” It is a part of the basis library called “namespace.”
5) Mobile Applications: It runs on multiple mobile devices like pocket PCs, mobile phones, or PDAs. These applications provide access to data from mobile devices. To take action,.NET framework dynamically modifications applications to run on a number of browsers, depending on mobile devices.
Let’s see some of the major differences between Dot NET Framework and Dot NET Core:
1) Open-source: Dot NET Framework is a licensed and proprietary software framework. However, Microsoft made some elements of its open source. While alternatively, they created.NET Core and released it as an open-source software framework. This made both enterprise and individual builders build applications utilizing Dot NET Core without paying license fees.
2) Cross-Platform: With Dot NET Framework developers can build applications for a single platform i.e. Windows. However, with.NET Core developers can create cross-platform applications and supports three distinct operating systems i.e. Windows, OS X, and Linux. The compatibility of the.NET core makes it simple for builders to build cross-platform applications and switch their existing applications from one platform to another.
3) Installation: Installation of the Dot NET framework uses a single package and runtime environment for Windows. But, with.NET Core, you just need the pack and you may install it independently in the operating system. The developer just needs to compile NuGet packages either directly or place them in a folder inside the application.
4) Applications: Dot NET Framework and.NET Core differ from each other in applications. Dot NET Framework is useful in creating Window Kinds, ASP.Net, and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). Whereas,.NET Core is useful to create ASP.NET Core and Windows Common Apps.
If you adored this post and you would want to obtain details about visual studio ASP certification generously stop by our own web-page.
To speak with us over the phone, please call us on the landline: +44 (0)1434 632010 or the mobile: +44 (0)7588 774469